Nickels Arcade is a covered shopping district in downtown Ann Arbor, built in 1918. It's a short walk, we'll start on State Street.
A story in the Michigan Daily in 2009 reflects on the turnover in businesses in the arcade.
According to an Mlive article in late July, 2015, a 21 year old student fell through the glass ceiling to his death.
- 7: University Flower Shop florist
- 8: Apples and Oranges computer repair
- 11: Maison Edwards tobacconist
- 16: Comet Coffee
- 17: Van Boven Shoes
- Van Boven clothing
Former Nickels Arcade businesses
- US Post Office, Arcade Station
- 2: FCB House of Flavors
- 2: Beagle Brain computer repair (moved to 8)
- 5: Henrietta Fahrenheit
- 5: Wendy (closed 2014)
- 8: Beagle Brain computer repair (renamed as Apples and Oranges computer repair, 2015)
- 16: Schoolkids Records in Exile