NPR News, local news, jazz, and blues. 89.1 FM. Public radio from Eastern Michigan University, founded in 1965.
WEMU began broadcasting at a frequency of 88.1 FM in 1965 from the Quirk Building; in 1976, the station moved to King Hall. In October 1977, WEMU changed to its current 89.1 FM frequency. Located online at WEMU.org, the station streams live 24 hours a day.
- Home page: http://www.wemu.org/
- Streaming audio: http://www.radiobookmark.com/listener-interactive/flashwidget/index.html?station_id=SqU4m98xAz27APFd
- Morning Edition locally anchored by David Fair
- 89-1 Jazz Weekdays with Michael Jewett
- All Things Considered locally anchored by Lisa Barry
- From Memphis to Motown with Wendy Wright
- The Roots Music Project with Jeremy Baldwin
- Cuban Fantasy with Marc Taras
- The Sunday Best with Nik Thompson
- The Groove Yard with Daniel Long
- The In Crowd with Jessica Webster
- Big City Blues Cruise, Joe Tiboni
- Wikipedia: WEMU