Ovoca Square was also known as Avoca Square . It was part of the area on which Smyth's Villas was built 1934/5
In the 1911 census, it had 18 houses, with some houses having two families. Most families had only one room. The total number of occupants was 127.
It does not appear in the 1901 census or in Griffith's Valuation