Location: Northwest shore of Upper Saranac Lake
Year built: c. 1904
Brooklyn Daily Eagle, July 30, 1922
James R. Sheffield, president of the Union League Club of New York, and Mrs. Sheffield, who recently arrived at their Camp Iroquois with their son, Frederick Sheffield, are entertaining Mrs. A. R Boyd and Miss Boyd of Manhattan.
Adirondack Record-Elizabethtown Post, August 20, 1942
Saboteurs Trial Judge At Adirondack Camp
Major General Frank R. McCoy, president of the military trial panel which recently tried and sentenced eight Nazi saboteurs who were landed on the Atlantic coast by a German submarine less than two months ago, is the guest of Mrs. James Rockwell Sheffield of New York at the latter's Camp Iroquois on the Upper Saranac Lake at Saranac Inn. He is accompanied by Mrs. McCoy.
Opening of the famous trial was featured by refusal of General McCoy to give information concerning it to Elmer Davis, director of the Office of War Information, the latter’s appeal to President Roosevelt and a compromise under which General McCoy finally issued statements concerning progress of the trial which have been declared masterpieces of brevity. He and Mrs. McCoy expect to pass some time as guests of Mrs. Sheffield, who is the widow of the former United States Ambassador to Mexico.