Address: 116 Kiwassa Road

Old Address: 49 Riverside Drive

Year built: 1906

Architect: William Schrader

Other information: A Queen Anne-style cure cottage with a two-story cure porch across half of the front side of the house, and a one-story veranda continuing around the north corner.

The first owner was William Schrader, who came to Saranac Lake from Rochester, and reportedly designed and built the house. He was an architect, and had an office in the Roberts Block.

In later years, the house was operated as a commercial private sanatorium by the Griswolds, and still later was the home of Blanche Griswold Carr.


National Register of Historic Places Registration Form (pdf)


Other historic properties