AHS's mission is to serve and advocate for the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community by ensuring access to health care services regardless of income, insurance status, immigration status, language, or culture.
The center provides services in English and ten Asian languages: Cantonese, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Korean, Khmer (Cambodian), Mien, Mongolian, Tagalog, Lao and Burmese.
On 8/8/13, there Asian Health Services clinic opened a new center at 835 Webster at the former site of the Silver Dragon Restaurant. There was a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by Rob Bonta, Barbara Lee and others.
- 90% are served in a language other than English
- 98% earn an annual income that is less than 200% of the federal poverty level (about $46,100 a year for a family of four)
- 38% are uninsured
- 35% receive Medi-Cal
- 20% are under 15 years of age
- 20% are over 65 years of age
818 Webster Street, Oakland, California and 835 Webster
Frank Kiang Medical Center: 250 East 18th Street, 2nd Floor
- Asian Health Services official website
Asian Health Services Facebook