The Sept 17 2013 City Council Meeting will be the first meeting after summer recess.
The meeting starts at 5:30PM. You can watch it live online.
Learn more about Oakland City Council & Oakland City Council Meetings (including info about past meetings, etc.).
Check out the full agenda. Agenda (35).pdf
Important items on the agenda are...
Larry Reid was not present. It was Rebecca Kaplan's birthday.
- travel authorizations for various council members
- $2m contract for sewers
- renaming of 19th Street/Oakland" BART Station To The "19th Street/Uptown Oakland" Station
Non Consent Items
- delinquent garbage fees
- delinquent property transfer taxes
tools of violence (2nd reading: passage will result in adoption of ordinance)
- 3 public speakers signed up. only one spoke. no council discussion. gallo moves to approve. schaaf seconds and it passed- everyone voted aye except kalb who abstained and reid who wasn't there.
- details of civilianization of IA intake (1st reading: passage will result in introduction)