The Muri-Ell Apartments (sometimes written Muriel Apartments) was a small apartment building at 327 Grand Ave. (later 145 Grand) between Webster and Lake Merritt. It was one the earliest apartments in Oakland known to feature wall beds.
It's unknown what year the building was constructed, but the first ad appears in 1907. 1,2
It's also unknown what year the building was demolished, but it still appears on the 1952 Sanborn map. It was approximately where the driveway between the CalTrans Building and Lake Merritt Tower is now.