Davie Tennis Stadium is a set of five tennis courts entirely within the city limits of Piedmont (its address is 198 Oak Road, Piedmont 94610) but owned and operated by the City of Oakland. The site, the former Piedmont Paving Company quarry, was given to the City of Oakland in 1931 by former mayor John L. Davie and his family. Mayor Davie announced this stadium project idea in 1921, though the property was not actually given to Oakland until 10 years later.
Davie Stadium offers a broad array of tennis programs for adults and juniors, competitive and recreational players alike. For more information contact Director of Tennis Marc Weinstein at [email protected] or visit www.daviefest.org
Phone: (510) 444-5663
Photos from Our Oakland
This Assessor's map excerpt shows that all but a very small portion of the Davie Stadium property (the darker outlined parcel 7) is within the City of Piedmont.
- “Stadium to be Built in Quarry for Oakland, Davie Announces,” Oakland Tribune, June 19, 1921 6-19-21 Trib.pdf
- “Stadium Site Given to City,” Oakland Tribune, May 12, 1931 5-12-31 Trib.pdf