For 65 years, Cherry Street has served the homeless and poor.
Jessie and Bertha Fleck founded Cherry Street Mission Ministries in 1947 to provide free soup, soap, salvation, and shelter to people in need. In the years since, Cherry Street has continued to shelter, feed, clothe, and share the Gospel with the homeless and poor who seek our help.
In 1995, we changed our name from Cherry Street Mission to Cherry Street Mission Ministries to better communicate that we’d widened our work beyond our original ministry to homeless men.
Today, in addition to meeting people’s critical basic needs, we empower them to break the bonds of homelessness and poverty and build new lives for themselves.