|111 E Brady St|
Guthrie Green is a beautiful park and performance space in the middle of the Brady Arts District. It takes up a square block, bordered by Brady to the south, Cincinnati to the east, Cameron to the north, and Boston to the west. The former industrial/commercial site was purchased by the George Kaiser Family Foundation in 2007, and opened on September 7th, 2012. The park stands over a geothermal heating system for the Matthews Warehouse complex.
There are several regular events at the Guthrie Green:
- The Guthrie Green Sunday Market runs from 10 am to 4 pm, April to October.
- Food Truck Wednesdays runs from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, April and May, weather permitting.
- Movie in the Park runs from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm on Thursdays. In 2012, it featured Oklahoma movies, presented by Circle Cinema.
- There are several Fitness on the Green one-hour events during the week, including Tai Chi (Monday, 5:30 pm), Boot Camp (Tuesday and Thursday, 5:30 pm), Family Yoga (Wednesday, 10 am), Walking Fitness (Friday, 4 pm), and Mommy and Me (Saturday, 10 am).
- lululemon's Community Yoga happens Wednesday from 6 pm to 7 pm.
The space is also available for reservations for free events.
During events, food trucks and other vendors sell food and drinks. Lucky's on the Green (associated with Lucky's Restaurant on Cherry Street) is a permanent fixture, open for lunch, dinner, and confections during regular hours and events. Alcohol is available at Lucky's (beer, wine, and cocktails) and from vendors during some events.