Tap Rooms are a growing trend in the Twin Cities since the passing of H.F. 1326, the "Surly Bill," which allows brewers to operate an on-sale establishment on their premises. Heavy Table offers information about the various Tap Room options in the Twin Cities.
Tap Room Options
- Dangerous Man Brewing. 1300 2nd St. NE. Minneapolis, MN. 612-206-2626. Hours: Tue-Thu 4-10pm, Fri 4pm-12am, Sat 12pm-12am. Beer: Patrons can expect to find six ever-changing choices of small batch suds on tap. Beer options that have been available include the Matchstick Coffee porter, chocolate milk stout, Belgian strong, and more. Pints are $5, with 10oz pours going for $3 and smaller flight-sized tastes for $2. Growlers are available for most brews, and will run around $13-15.
- Dave’s BrewFarm. 2470 Wilson St. Wilson, WI. 612-432-8130. Hours: Typically open twice a month, usually on weekends with the occasional Friday or Monday thrown in around a holiday weekend. Beer: You’ll find eight beers on tap at the BrewFarm and they are constantly rotated through. You can get a flight of all eight taps (2 oz pours) for $10, or a 10.5 oz snifter of any for $5.
- Excelsior Brewing Company. 421 3rd St. Excelsior, MN. 952-474-7837. Hours: Thu-Fri 4pm-10pm, Sat 2pm-10pm. Beer: You can taste four of Excelsior’s brews at their tap room including XLCR Pale Ale, Big Island Blond, a weighty 8.0% IPA called Bridge Jumper, and a seasonal option. Pints are $5-6
- Fulton Brewing. 414 6th Ave N. Minneapolis, MN. 612-333-3208. Hours: Thu-Fri 3pm-10pm, Sat 12pm-10pm, Sun 11am-7pm, also opens 2 hrs. before Twins home games. Beer: Their two mainstays, Lonely Blonde and Sweet Child of Vine IPA, are always on tap, along with one or two others.
- Harriet Brewing. 3036 Minnehaha Ave. Minneapolis, MN. 612-225-2184. Hours: Wed-Fri 4pm-12am, Sat 1pm-12am. Beer: Two or three of Harriet’s brews will be available. Their West Side Belgian IPA is the mainstay and they’ll have a seasonal on hand. Pints are $5.
- Indeed Brewing Company. 711 15th Ave. NE. Minneapolis, MN. 612-843-5090. Hours: Thu-Fri 3-10, Sat 11am-10pm. Beer: Daytripper Pale Ale and Midnight Ryder American Black Ale are available regularly and a few seasonals are also offered.
- Kinney Creek Brewery. 1016 7th St. NW. Rochester, MN. 507-282-2739. Hours: Fridays and Saturdays from 1-8pm, additional hours will be available in the future. Beer: Kinney Creek has six tap lines at the bar and debuted with four brews: An IPA, Extra Special Bitter, Smoked Porter and a Light Ale that brewer Donovan Seitz calls “like Blue Moon without the wheat.”
- Lift Bridge Brewing. 1900 Tower Dr. Stillwater, MN. 888-430-2337. Hours: Tue-Thu 5pm-8pm, Fri 12pm-8pm, Sat 12pm-5pm. Beer: You’ll find six of Lift Bridge’s brews on tap including the Farm Girl Saison, Hop Dish IPA, Pathway Pilsner, and a few seasonals.
- Summit Brewing Company. 910 Montreal Cir. St. Paul, MN. 651-265-7800. Hours: Fridays, 3-8pm. Beer: About 10 of Summit’s brews are on tap. All of their year-round beers are available. They also feature their current releases from the Unchained Series, as well as some special casks and limited runs from their pilot brewing system. Pints are $4, with flights of four beers for $7.
More information, including a list of Tap Rooms opening soon can be found here.
This information was adapted from Heavy Table under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Please visit their website and support them.
This entry is a seed.
You can help the Twin Cites Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.
This article is in need of a Photo!
To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the "Image" button.