Salem Township is in Northeastern Washtenaw County.
John and Joseph Dickenson became the first settlers here in 1825. George Renwick became the first supervisor in 1832, and Ira Rider the first postmaster on June 4, 1831, with the office named Rider's for him. When George Renwick became the postmaster on May 29, 1841, the office was renamed Renwick for him, the office became Salem on January 28, 1846. Many of the pioneers came from Salem, N.Y. The name Salem was that of an ancient Semitic deity. Michigan Place Names, Romig; from Beakes
- Salem Township stories on AnnArbor.com
- Salem Township stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- Salem Township stories on Ann Arbor Observer
- Salem Township stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- Salem Township stories in the Google News archives