Hodson Hall, North Country Community College, (formerly the General Hospital of Saranac Lake)

Founded in 1967, North Country Community College serves Franklin and Essex County; it is the only public college located within the Adirondack Park. The main campus is in Saranac Lake on the site of the old General Hospital at 23 Santanoni Avenue. There are branch campuses in Malone and Ticonderoga.

Enrollment is about 1800 students. The college employs 143 permanent and 300 adjunct faculty, and provides programs in the Liberal Arts and Sciences as well as in Allied Health, Business, Technical, and Vocational areas. The college is associated with the State University of New York.

It inherited its Radiologic Technology program and several business courses from the Saranac Lake Study and Craft Guild when that organization closed.

The first day of classes was September 16, 1968 and the first yearbook, called Aurora, was published in 1969

Comments