Describe Civic Center Post Office here
On April 23, 1985 the Civic Center Post Office was designated Oakland Landmark #LM 84-410.
The Oakland post office formally took possession of the 17th and Broadway building on August 1, 1903, while Thomas T. Dargie was postmaster. 1
By the 1920s, the post office had outgrown the 1903 space, and after deciding on the property between 12th and 13th Street and Alice and Jackson Street, construction began in 1929. The building was completed in 1932. 2
201 - 13th Street, Oakland, California
Links and References
- Oakland Post Office Opens Business in its Commodious New Structure San Francisco Call August 2, 1903
- Civic Center Post Office on Oakland Flag Co.