The First National Bank of Oakland was incorporated on May 15, 1875. In 1887 the bank was located at 1000 Broadway, Oakland. V. D. Moody, President, with John E. Ruggles, Vice-President and A. D. Thompson, Cashier. Capital, $100,000 ; surplus, $100,000. In 1907, the bank moved to a newly constructed building at the intersection of Broadway, San Pablo Avenue, and 14th Street then called the First National Bank Building.
Full History of the Bank -- as of 1908, anyway: History_of_the_First_National_Bank_of_Oa.pdf