This is a WANTED page. We need more content, images, sources, and links, preferably not just cut-and-paste from an external source.
Lynette McElhaney, Elected November 2012
Serves District 3 https://localwiki.org/oakland/City_Council/District_3
Current Website: http://www.lynettemcelhaney.com/
District Website: http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/CityCouncil/o/District3/a/CouncilmemberProfile/index.htm
During the June 25th, 2013 Public Safety Committee Meeting, McElhaney said that her nickname is "Too New to Know."
Address:1 Frank Ogawa Plaza, 2nd Floor, Oakland 94612
Positions on Issues
- For videos, see Positions
- City Council Candidate Questionnaire, Go Public Schools, 2012 election
Part 1: McElhaney Speaks on Army Base Jobs, Censure Vote Dispute, Post News Group, Aug 19, 2013
OTHER POSITIONS IN CITY GOVERNMENT
Things McElhaney Supports
Things McElhaney Opposes
External Links/In the News
- Oakland council president lied to Planning Commission; violated ethics laws, grand jury says. Erin Baldassari. San Jose Mercury News. Aug. 11, 2016
- Judge Recommends $8,625 Penalty Against Oakland Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney for Ethics Violations. Aug. 31, 2018.
- Oakland councilwoman violated ethics rules, commission investigators find. David DeBolt. East Bay Times. Jul. 26, 2017
- Oakland Public Ethics Commission Sues Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney for Failure to Turn Over Public Records. Robert Gammon. Oakland Magazine. Oct. 28, 2016
- Judge orders Oakland councilwoman to turn over documents in ethics probe. David Debolt. East Bay Times Nov. 8, 2016.
- Mintz, Charlie. "Rookie Oakland City Councilmembers face their first six months on the job." KALW: Aug 7, 2013.
- Gammon, R. "Oakland Council Poised to Dampen the New Year." East Bay Express: Dec 31, 2014.
- BondGraham, D. & Winston, A. "West Oakland Councilmember Fails to File Campaign Reports." East Bay Express: Dec 31, 2014.
- BondGraham, D. & Winston, A. "West Oakland Councilmember Involved in House-Flipping Scheme." East Bay Express: Dec 16, 2014.
Executive Summary of McElhaney's 2013 Economic Development Report:
- Lynette McElhaney Newsletter.