You're not alone. The boundary line is confusing, especially because the Claremont Hotel and much of the residential area on the hills above the hotel are located in Oakland but with Berkeley mailing addresses. Google Maps and some other online sources further this confusion by showing the mailing addresses.
This page presents a map of these borders based on the available sources listed below.
- Oakland Council District Locator (access to info on all 7 Council Districts)
- Berkeley District 8 map (including area just north of Rockridge, around the Claremont Hotel, and portions of the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab just east of the Lawrence Hall of Science)
- Berkeley District 6 map (including area just northeast of the Lawrence Hall of Science)
- Berkeley District 7 map (including area just north of Fairview Park AKA Lower Rockridge)
- Berkeley District 3 Map (including area north of Bushrod and Santa Fe)
- Berkeley District 2 map (including area north of Paradise Park, Golden Gate and Emeryville)
- Alameda County Assessor's Office Parcel Viewer (and available Assessor's Maps)
Links and References
- Our Oakland neighborhood map nmap.ouroakland.net