The RPM-Merit Transmission Parts Building is a beautiful brick building on 24th Street, part of the historic Broadway Auto Row. It includes patterned brickwork, curved walls and an arch, as well as two small mosaics.
According to the Oakland Cultural Heritage Survey, it was designed by architect Claude B. Barton, and built in 1929-1930 by Jacobs and Pattiani. It is of secondary importance (C) to the 25th Street Garage District.
The building was also known as the Broadway Garage Building (c.1963). Its original historic name is not known.