Not to be confused with the “Solid Six” on the Oakland City Council in the 1890s.
Their names were:
- Anna Mae Burdge (18??–19??) – later Mrs. Walter Cole.
- Sarah Winifred Burdge (18??–19??) – later Mrs. Bernard Miller.
- Evelyn Ellis (1877–1957) – later Mrs. F.M. Smith.
- Florence Nightingale (18??–19??) – later Mrs. ___
- Marion Francis Smith (1883–19??) – later Mrs. Roland Oliver.
- Charlotte Grace Sperry (18??–19??) – later Mrs. ___
Some of the cottages in the Mary Smith Home for Friendless Girls were named for them.
Links and References
- Francis “Borax” Marion Smith - The Borax King of Death Valley
- The Family Routine - Shelter Island
- Role Model Moms | thoughts, ideas, words
- A Death and a New Beginning - Shelter Island
- FMfflHr. - Chronicling America
- Mollie’s Charity - Shelter Island
- Anna Mae Burdge Miller on wikitree.com
- Francis Marion Smith Miller on wikitree.com