|Capitola||3820 Capitola Rd||462-0100|
|Santa Cruz||1551 Pacific Avenue||429-1124|
|BNP Paribas in Paris, France.|
|1874 as Farmers National Gold Bank|
|(Cash, checks, credit cards, Other)|
In 1979 Banque Nationale de Paris (BNP) of France bought Bank of the West. The Compagnie Financière de Paris et des Pays-Bas (Finance Corporation of Paris and the Netherlands) became the Compagnie Financière de Paribas and then became Paribas in 1998. Paribas merged with BNP in May 2000 to become BNP Paribas. Bank of the West is owned by the French bank, BNP Paribas.
Bank of the West was originally at 2021 North Pacific Avenue. The Santa Cruz location at 1551 Pacific Avenue was World Savings. It became Wachovia (bank) in 2006. When Wells Fargo bought Wachovia in 2008, some of the branches were to be closed. Wells Fargo later sold the building to Bank of the West. (Wells Fargo already has a location a few blocks away.) Bank of the West moved in at this location, January of 2010.
In 2018, Bank of the West introduced a new logo that included the parent company, BNP Paribas.
|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|
The ATM in Scotts Valley was deactivated in 2013. Photo: January 2010. (Notice the old style logo.) The tower was removed in 2018.