The Northside Grill serves a hearty breakfast and lunch to diners from its Broadway Street location near the Broadway Bridge in Lower Town. It often has lines stretching down the block for weekend breakfasts. Jim Koli is the owner since 1993.
The Northside was runner up to the Fleetwood Diner in Current Magazine's 2006 Best of Washtenaw County for Best Diner.
Expect to spend $10-16 for breakfast, and about the same for lunch (before dessert, which is super recommended anyways).
Things to do while waiting:
- Check out the alley / window of plants
- Browse the bicycles at Sic Transit Cycles
- Bike up the Border to Border Trail past the Argo Cascades to the Argo Dam and back, but you'll probably be out of beeper range
1015 Broadway Street Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1805 (734) 995-0965
http://www.northsidegrill.com/ (website troubles 2022-12-08)
Your entree is free on your birthday, though you need to pay for drinks, dessert and tip. Excludes takeouts. This deal was on hold during the 2020-? COVID-19 pandemic, but is back again as of late 2022.
The building used to house the Cloverleaf Dairy and there are photos from the dairy on the walls.
- northsidegrill on Flickr
- North Side Grill: Review on CloverEats
- Northside Grill gets 5 stars on RoadFood.com
- Restaurant inspection from Washtenaw County
- Yelp reviews