Broadway is confusing: it starts on the south end of the Broadway Bridges, in the tangle of Division Street, Beakes Street, Summit Street, and a few others. At the north end of the bridges, it curves left to become Plymouth Road - but also intersects with Plymouth at a right angle, before straightening out along its original line - if you stand on the Bridges looking north, you'll be looking straight up this continuation.
(Google Maps will make this clearer.)
We'll walk north from Division.
Broadway started a project for traffic calming in May 2000, and the project was completed after three years in September 2003.
Broadway, City of Ann Arbor Assessor
- Broadway Bridges
Continue straight for Plymouth, turn east to stay on Broadway.
- 1115 formerly Ken's Nielsen Flowers
- 1123 Format Framing and Gallery
- 1133 Yourist Studio -- pottery
- 1139 Broadway Café - cheese steak hoagie (best in town!) & korean dishes
- 1143 Foods of India
- 1149 Manna Oriental Market - Korean grocery
- Plymouth Park
- empty field: site of the failed Broadway Village development
- Bridge over Traver Creek
Speed humps for posted speed limit of 25 mph.
- 1504 to 1508 Broadway terrace apartments
- cedar bend park. I saw deer here.
Yet another speed hump.
One more speed hump. Traffic calming has been used by a number of neighborhoods to make streets safer for pedestrians.