White Market (609-611 E William St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104; (734) 663-4253) was a grocery and convenience store near the University of Michigan's Central Campus. It is now closed.
It is notable for its large metal "Coca-Cola" sign on the outer east wall.
The market was one of very few relatively full service markets close to campus; in addition to the usual fare of chips and pop, you could buy meat and produce here.
- The 1922 Polk Directory lists this location as occupied by John H. Kaupp, restaurant; next door at 607 was Homer A French, meats.
- The 1929 Polk Directory has The White Market at 607, managed by George H. Hollis and Son of Stockbridge.
- The 1939 Polk Directory has White Market at 607, managed by Clayton E Hollis.
- An Ann Arbor news photo from September 1948 shows White Market in a new storefront next to the old one.
- White Market on Flickr
- White Market Moves to New Storefront Next to its Former Location, Ann Arbor News, September 1948.
- White Market stories on AnnArbor.com
- White Market stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- White Market stories on Ann Arbor Observer
- White Market stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- White Market stories in the Google News archives