Address: 27 Helen Street
Old Address: 15 Helen Street
Year built: between 1911 and 1913
Architect: Scopes and Feustmann
Other information: The front bedroom has an original cure porch located directly over the front porch.
The house was built as a private home for merchant Earl Lenier Gray and his consumptive wife Beatrice Tovar Gray; it was later used as a sanatorium. Gray was the son of Phoebe Washer Gray who owned and operated the Gray Homestead across Front Street from the Gray house, and Charles F. Gray, who built the Berkeley House and then lost it in a foreclosure.
In 1925, the house was sold to Margaret Seymour, Gertrude Seymour and Cecelia F. Seymour, who ran it as a commercial private rooming cottage for TB patients, who took their meals at the Noyes Cottage, on the other side of Helen Street.