Hagstroms opened the first store _________________in Oakland. In all 10 stores were opened in Oakland that 1st year, By the 5th Anniversary in 1937, a total of 52 complete full markets now serve the East Bay Cities.
Hagstroms Food Stores operated a creamery, bakery and a ice cream plant. The plant was located at 107th Avenue and East 14th Street. A fleet of trucks and drivers delivered these goods to the stores several times a day, to ensure freshness and quality.
- Hagstrom's Food Store was located on 2900 Broadway in Oakland, California.
- Montclair District 6450 Moraga Blvd - 1944
- Laurel District at 3529 MacArthur Boulevard in the 1950s.
- 3838 Grand ave. through the early 60s.
- Hagstrom's Food Store Truck Wisconsin Historical Society
- Hagstroms Store circa 1942 in Walnut Creek - http://walkwc.toursphere.com/en/182-hagstroms-market-108480.html
- A legal case against Hagstrom's: http://law.justia.com/cases/california/calapp2d/81/601.html
1. Hagstroms Food Store formed 1932 - April 1932 Oakland Tribune .pdf
2. Hagstroms Celebrates 2nd Anniversary 1934 Berkeley Gazette - 30 May 1934 Berkeley Daily Gazette.jpg
3. End of Era Hagastrom http://www.mercurynews.com/my-town/ci_27498803/good-stuff-dublins-days-nights-wine-and-poems