Welcome to LocalWiki Sonoma Valley for the unincorporated areas of Sonoma Valley, California including the communities of Agua Caliente, Boyes Hot Springs, Carneros, El Verano, Eldridge, Fetters Hot Springs, Glen Ellen, Kenwood, Schellville, Temelec and Vineburg plus the City of Sonoma, which has its own wiki. It also includes the ghost town of Wingo.
Just like Wikipedia, this is a community-supported effort to create and maintain a repository of information regarding our valley and its communities, both present and past. If you feel that you have something to add or something to correct, you are encouraged to do so.
We've been working on capturing the history of the railroads in Sonoma Valley and you might find it surprising. For example, did you know that at least 15 railroads have, in one way or another, operated or had an influence on our valley?
Explore Sonoma Valley
Sonoma Valley Life
- Art Scene, Music Scene, Entertainment
- Local Media, Classified Ads
- Outdoor Activities, Singles Scene
- Volunteer Opportunities, Giving Opportunities
- Sonoma Valley Wish List, Valley Trivia
Food and Drink
- Wineries, Bars & Pubs
- Restaurants, Cafes
- Grocery Stores, Specialty Food Shops, Catering
- Special Diets, Ethnic Markets
Sonoma Valley Orientation
- Valley History, Historical Organizations, Local Historians
- The Winemaking Heritage, Glossary
- Environment, Geography, The Springs
- Navigating Sonoma Valley, Bicycling, Walking
- Housing, Shopping
- Schools, Libraries, Medical Services
- Organizations, Spiritual Organizations
- Sonoma Valley Politics, Member Pages
Computer and Internet
- WiFi Hot Spots, Public Internet Terminals
- Computer User Groups, Wiki Community
- Locally Owned Websites
If this LocalWiki region ends up being too big feel free to create new LocalWiki regions for individual cities, etc and we can move material around.