Dixon offers much more than a few gas stations and a Walmart. You can get to Dixon from Davis by going west on Interstate 80 or by taking country roads such as Pedrick Road. Located in Solano County, it takes no longer to get from Davis to Dixon than it does to get to Woodland, and it's cheaper to live in Dixon than in Davis. Many restaurants are located along Pitt School Road. The animals most associated with the town are lambs and sheep, hence the high school mascot: the rams. A lesser used name for Dixon is "Ram Town," which can be seen on some of the local businesses. Davis and Dixon are separated by the Davis-Dixon Greenbelt.
- Dixon Lambtown
- Dixon May Fair - Large annual event with everything from pig racing to big-name musicians.
- Dixon Scottish Games & Gathering - Annual gathering at the Dixon Fairgrounds featuring Scottish athletics, sheepdog trials, historical reenactments, clan tents, birds of prey, vendors, music, country dancing, wine and whiskey tasting, rugby tournament and shinty.
- Relay for Life - Listen to Music and run for a cause.
Landmarks and Attractions
- Dixon Downs - Proposed 260-acre racetrack, hotel resort, and retail center
- Milk Farm Restaurant Sign
Shopping and Services
- Ace - Dixon Hardware & Lumber
- Gas Stations
- Goodwill — It's Big.
- Hometown Shopping Center
- Robben's Department Store — a genuine old-time department store!
- A Safeway with a gas station - having a Safeway club card gives you a 3 cent per gallon discount.
- Scottish Meat Company
- Walmart Supercenter (Open 24 hours! 46¢ money orders)
- Pleasant Valley Music - instrument and accessory sales, lessons, and recording studio
- Squirty Records
- Crystal Dairy Home Delivery
- First Northern Bank
- Longs Drugs
- The Yard Sale
- Purple Pearl Vineyards
- Mary Norris Photography: Children & Family Lifestyle Photograher
Dixon of the Past
- Java California - Closed— formerly Dixon's only 24 hour coffee place, with a very student-friendly atmosphere. there are three separate areas, the coffee house, the backroom - which has a children's area and a copy machine, along with tables for laptops, and a shelf covered in videos, and the third room (which is largest) with a bunch of tables to do work on for students.
- Dixie the Dinosaur
- Dixon City Guide *DOES NOT WORK* News and information covering the city of Dixon.
- Dixon District Chamber of Commerce
2012-08-06 09:01:18 Motorcycle/ATV/Scooter Servie and Parts —1upmotorsports
2012-09-21 07:15:53 So far the only good thing about living in SouthWest Davis is proximity to DIXON for shopping. For my car windshield, for the Goodwill on half-price-sale days, for Wal-Mart and my $4.00 prescriptions, for the Safeway with a somewhat "discounted" price at its gas station, for churches that give out free food with no quibbling when you're a substitute teacher and off for the summer. If I could find a way to get cheaper rent on that side of the County Line than splitting a room in a multiple-roommate apartment here right off-campus, I'd do it in a New York Minute. —PaigeKennedy