SculpTOUR is a curated exhibit of three dimensional public art on Pacific Avenue that began with a first installation of 12 sculptures in 2008. Future artworks are planned to be installed in the five year plan.
SculpTOUR was curated by Gabriel Harrison and Kathleen Moodie Hilger, and the first artists included Kirk McNeil, Michael McLaughlin, Aaron Van de Kerckhove, Paul Cheney, Ron Lion, Marilyn Kuksht, Jamie Abbott, and Michael Eckerman.
Nine cast bronze penguins were originally installed, titled The Boys of Summer by Michael McLaughlin.
- The Birth of Con-Ed and Untitled by Jamie Abbott
- The Boys of Summer by Michael McLaughlin
- Leaves by Paul Cheney
- Lift Off / Waterfall / Leaf II by Ron Lion
- Oceanic Life Spiral by Kirk McNeill
- Pendulum by Aaron Van de Kerckhove
- Rocky Dogs by Michael Eckerman
- Virgin Moon by Marilyn Kuksht
|This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.|
- SculpTOUR Comes to Downtown Santa Cruz, by Lauren Floiart, City on a Hill Press, December 4, 2008, retrieved on August 1, 2011.