NAME, Years Elected to City Council
Pat Kernighan was elected to city council in 2005 in a special election to replace Danny Wan. She announced in December, 2013, that she would not be seeking reelection in 2014.2 (Read her letter to constituents here.)
Kernighan is an attorney.
Kernighan lives pretty much as close to Piedmont as possible without living in Piedmont.
In 2011, Kernighan had a total compensation package of $113,942 from the city.1
In 2013, City Council members unanimously voted her into the position if City Council President, taking the place of Larry Reid. This, among other things, led to the creation of suggestions from citizens to improve the process.
See political positions here.
OTHER POSITIONS IN CITY GOVERNMENT
- BondGraham, Darwin. "Oakland’s Politicians Are in the Top 5 Percent of Income Earners."
- Artz, Matthew. "Pat Kernighan won't seek re-election to Oakland council." Oakland Tribune: Dec 16, 2013.
- 2011 statement of economic interests, including a trustee fee of between 10k and 100k from the Thelma Doelger Trust for Animals?)
- Archives of Kernighan's newsletter and link to subscribe.
- 2005 political bio
- 2010 political bio
- 2008 Kernighan answers 10 questions for the Berkeley Daily Planet
- Income information
More on Kernighan
Pages tagged “pat kernighan”
Issues supported by Kernighan
Things Kernighan Doesn't Like