- Santa Cruz Indymedia (Indybay) Independent, open contribution, political news for the Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, and SF Bay areas
- http://santacruztechbeat.com/ Santa Cruz Tech Beat - The go-to source for all things tech in Santa Cruz County. News, Jobs, Events, Resources, and a Business Catalog.
Regional News Sites
- Mountain Bulletin
- Mountain Network News Serving the Santa Cruz Mountains
- Patch News Entertainment, features, and news with specific sites for the cities of Capitola, Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Watsonville
- SLV News for the San Lorenzo Valley
- http://localsantacruz.com/ Local Art, Artists and Entertainment
- http://nativesantacruz.org/ Local photographs by a life long Santa Cruz resident
- Nopal Media
- http://pixelalloy.com/ Local photographs
- http://santacruztechbeat.com/ Santa Cruz Tech Beat - The go-to source for all things tech in Santa Cruz.
- http://santa-cruz.mattters.com/ Local news
- http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/communitymedialab Community Media Lab (blogs listed with the Santa Cruz Sentinel)
- http://sustainablesantacruz.org/ Greener living, previously known as GrassRoots Cafe
- Register Pajaronian Daily paper covering Watsonville and the Pajaro Valley
- Santa Cruz Sentinel Daily local paper.
- San Jose Mercury News Daily, covers mostly San Jose/Silicon Valley.
- Adventure Sports Journal A magazine for the outdoors enthusiast. Published every other month.
- Aptos Life Published monthly.
- Connection Magazine Health, fitness, and entertainment with a new age focus
- Good Times Weekly entertainment newspaper.
- Growing Up in Santa Cruz Published monthly
- La Ganga A Spanish-language weekly publication.
- Life in Aptos, Capitola and Soquel A monthly newspaper.
- Press-Banner Weekly newspaper for Scotts Valley and the San Lorenzo Valley area.
- Santa Cruz Mountain Bulletin Published every two months.
- Santa Cruz Record Legal, Business, and Real Estate Publication
- Student Guide Quarterly publication featuring information directed at UC Santa Cruz and Cabrillo College students.
- Aptos Times; Capitola/Soquel Times; Scotts Valley Times Community newspapers.
- West Coast Leaf A quarterly newspaper covering the cannabis community.
Magazines & Other Publications
- 831 Magazine
- Coastal Home & Garden
- Coastal Homes Monthly real estate magazine.
- Coastal Weddings Bi-annual wedding resource guide.
- Santa Cruz Comic News
- Santa Cruz Magazine
- Santa Cruz Waves
- Visit Santa Cruz County An annual visitor guide.
- Your Music Magazine A monthly publication catering to the rock music scene.
- 88.1 KZSC UCSC College radio station.
- 88.9 KUSP Local public radio station.
- 89.9 KFER Conservative Christian.
- 90.1 KBCZ Community radio station.
- 90.7 KSRI Christian contemporary.
- 93.7 KXZM Spanish radio.
- 99.1 KSQL Spanish radio.
- 99.9 KDUB (low power radio station).
- 101.3 Free Radio Santa Cruz local pirate radio station.
- 101.9 KYTH (low power radio station).
- 104.1 KSCO News/talk format radio station.
- 104.7 KAPU Hawaiian music, local talk (low power radio station).
- 107.5 KPIG Adult alternative progressive radio station.
- 1080 KSCO News/talk format radio station.
- 1200 KYAA Music of the 1960's and 1970's.
- 1340 KOMY Adult Standards/Big Band format.
- 1510 KPIG Adult alternative, progressive radio station.
Network Television Stations
- KCBA Channel 35 FOX affiliate television station
- KION Channel 46 CBS affiliate television station
- KSBW Channel 8 NBC affiliate television station.
UCSC Media & Publications
- City on a Hill Press A weekly student newspaper.
- The Project
- The Fish Rap Live!
- TWANAS Third World And Native American Students group publication; comes out sporadically, at most once per quarter.
Currents Online UCSC's weekly online news publication.
Journals and Magazines
- The Disorientation Guide A radical guide to UCSC, promoting campus and community activism in sectors such as social justice, human rights, sexuality/gender identity, etc.
- EyeCandy Quarterly Film publication.
- Kresge Town Krier Quarterly, produced by and for Kresge College members.
- Las Girlfriends Journal produced by campus latinas/chicanas, as well as any others who wish to contribute.
- Leviathan Jewish Journal Quarterly Jewish publication.
- Matchbox Magazine UC-wide literary magazine of poetry, prose, and art.
- Red Wheelbarrow Literary journal.
- Rapt Literary journal.
- UC Santa Cruz Review
Cabrillo College Publications
- The Voice - Published regularly during the fall and spring semesters.
Film & Video Production
- Local Writers
- Local Filmmakers & Broadcasters
- Local Books
- Literary Venues
- Other Online Resources
- Front Page