Tallahassee LocalWiki is a collaborative, community-driven effort to share local knowledge about Tallahassee, Florida. It's a guide to Tallahassee written by YOU. (Want to join in? Let us know your interest in participating in "Wine and Wiki" a wiki-writing get-together we're going to start after the first of the year.)
Anyone can edit this website. Just click Edit at the top of any page and jump in. Your contributions make Tallahassee LocalWiki work. Can't find a page on something? Make one! Read our TallahasseeWiki Guide to get started or just browse around and enjoy.
- Tallahassee History, Vintage Photos, Landmarks, Places, Uniquely Tallahassee
- Universities & Colleges, High Schools, Middle Schools, Elementary Schools, Charter Schools, Private Schools
- State Government, Local Government, Libraries
- Businesses, Entrepreneurship Resources
- Public Transportation, Biking & Trails, Daycations, Parks, Sports Leagues and Clubs
- Restaurants, Groceries, Coffee, Food Trucks
- Springtime Tallahassee, Downtown Winter Festival, Red Hills Horse Trials
- Local Services & Organizations, Health Resources, Worship, Neighborhoods, Volunteering. Families
- Environment, Green Initiatives, Sustainability, Canopy Roads
- Blogs & Social Networks, WiFi Hotspots
- Things to do, Nightlife, Tallahassee on a Dime, Shopping
- Weekly Events, Annual Events & Recurring Events
- Music & Bands, The Arts in Tallahassee
- Public Figures, Published Authors, R&D, Famous Tallahasseans
- Calendars, Information Sources, Media - Publications, Radio, TV
Tallahassee Is OUR TOWN from The Village Square on Vimeo.
This project is about working together to celebrate what we share in our daily lives here in Tallahassee, Florida. The people who started the original Local Wiki project, supported by the Knight Foundation, began with the Davis Wiki. Today, 1 in 7 Davis, California residents has edited the Davis Wiki.
Add your interesting page to this list by going to Interesting Pages and adding your linked page to the page in edit mode.
- Bradfordville Blues Club
- Canopy Roads
- Crafty Resources
- Dance Groups
- Dorothy B. Oven Park
- Entrepreneurship Resources
- Food Trucks
- FSU Summer Music Camps
- Goodwood Museum & Gardens
- Governor's Park
- Lake Ella
- LeMoyne Center for the Visual Arts
- Red Hills Horse Trails
- Sarah Mac Band
- Silver Haired Wonders
- Songs that mention Tallahassee
- Springtime Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Ultimate Frisbee
- The All Saints Hop Yard
- We're considering a regular monthly time for something like "Wine + Wiki" - an informal gathering to write and have fun. We've started a page here for suggestions on a good location for such a thing and a good evening. Contribute your suggestions here.
- Wiki Community page - everything about building the TallahasseeWiki is here.
- Dashboard - where you can see our growth over time.
Want a great model for what Tallahassee LocalWiki can become? Cashless India Take a look at Denton and Raleigh. The vast majority of the written content not specific to Tallahassee was derived from these two projects along with the original innovators Davis Wiki. Suggested page topics are underlined with a dotted line. To create the page that has been suggested, simply click on it (see all the cool templates you can use). If you want to edit this front page content, edit the pages it draws from Tallahassee 101, TallahasseeWiki News and Interesting Pages (Featured Page can only be edited by us but if you write a great page, we'd love to feature it!). We are just beginning - we need you to make TallahasseeWiki a living, breathing part of Tallahassee.
Tallahassee LocalWiki is a project of The Village Square, a nonprofit nonpartisan dedicated to civil discourse on matters of local, state and national importance. It is part of our Get Local project to create an informed and engaged (first) Tallahassee, (then) Florida, and (finally) The World. (Both Get Local and LocalWiki are funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, ours through their fund at the Community Foundation of North Florida.) Our public policy wiki - We the Wiki - is designed to be used in tandem with TallahasseeWiki whenever there is a need to examine a controversial local issue. So... TallahasseeWiki (everything about Tallahassee, written by you) + plus We The Wiki (analysis of controversial/challenging local decisions) = a better hometown.
Adams Street, downtown Tallahassee by Steven Martin, used under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
Some interesting pages
Explore nearby regions
Or maybe you want to see all LocalWiki regions?