Bars in Ann Arbor by street
Main Street - 15 Bars
State Street - 10 Bars
South University - 10 Bars
Liberty - 5 Bars
Ann Arbor Bars by type
- Old Town Tavern on Liberty Street at Ashley Street.
- The Rathskeller, under The Heidelberg - at least until recently. The townies moved up to the restaurant bar.
- Fraser's Pub out on Packard Street.
- Casey's, down on Depot Street.
- The 8 Ball Saloon, under the Blind Pig.
- The Alley Bar, in the former location of Babs' which was in the former location of The Flame. On Liberty Street.
- The Arena, sports with bar-food. Corner of Fourth and Washington.
- Babs' Underground Lounge, somewhat upscale bar with pool tables. On Ashley Street between Liberty Street and William Street.
- Blind Pig, raucous dive bar at the center of the live rock music scene.
- Circus, part of the Cavern Club complex. On First Street.
- Live at PJ's, also a venue. Corner of First and Huron.
- The Last Word
- Vinology, at 110 N. Main Street, serves food and has a retail wine section in the basement.
- Ashley's is on State Street near campus.
- Cafe Felix, drinks and small plates on Main Street.
- Grizzly Peak extended into where Del Rio used to be.
- Ravens Club on Main Street
- Red Hawk is on State Street near campus.
- Rush Street, on restaurant row, Main Street.
- Bar Louie is on Liberty at Division. It has two outdoor seating areas, and looks to be installing about 10 large-screen TVs (oh, joy).
- Arbor Brewing Company, on Washington Street. Usually referred to as "ABC".
- The Blue Tractor, on Washington Street.
- Grizzly Peak, also on Washington Street, is run by Jon Carlson.
- Jolly Pumpkin on Main St.
- Wolverine State Brewing Company
Student-oriented bars around campus
- Buffalo Wild Wings, AKA BW3, serves you wings with your beer. State and Washington.
- Good Time Charlies, on South University.
- The Brown Jug, on South University.
- Rick's American Cafe, plus touring college bands. South University area.
- Scorekeepers, on Maynard Street.
- Corner Brewery in Ypsilanti.
- Sidetrack Bar and Grill in Depot Town
- Aubree's with great pizza and pool upstairs, Depot Town
- TC's Speakeasy on Michigan Avenue
- Tap Room on Michigan Avenue and Washington
- Elbow Room on South Washington
- Powell's Pub on Huron River Drive
- Theo's on West Cross Street.
- MJ's Wooden Nickel at LeForge Road and Huron River Drive.
Long gone bars
Really long gone bars
Roundups, reviews, and surveys
- Damn Arbor's Guide to Ann Arbor Bars, Damn Arbor.
- Cocktails, random thoughts on great cocktail bars in Ann Arbor.
- Ann Arbor's Official Happy Hour Calendar and Web App, DrankBank.