Cooper Street in the City of Santa Cruz is one block long. It starts at Pacific Avenue and ends at Front Street. The parking meters have a two hour limit, with those near a green curb for 30 minutes.

Cooper Street. The red sphere art is on the left. Photo: January, 2010


The street might have been named for Frank Cooper. Cooper was born In Gettysburg, Pa., moved to Santa Cruz in 1858 and became deputy treasurer of the Santa Cruz County Bank. Then he moved to Oakland. It is also possible the name came from John or William Cooper. They ran a general store on Front Street.

The courthouse of Santa Cruz and the County archives were once located on Cooper Street.

Major Buildings & Landmarks


Businesses & Services

Departed Businesses


Changed Location

Plaque with history of the building across from the Cooper House. CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE.


Nearest bus service is on Front Street. (Route 71)


Title of art is 3x3x3.

The art image called "3x3x3" (made in 1967) is at the north side of Cooper Street where it meets Front Street. The large "M" with a red sphere is located on the south side of Cooper Street where it meets Front Street. (The "M" with a red sphere is a symbol of the Museum of Art and History on Front Street.)

This entry is a seed - a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Santa Cruz Wiki by expanding it! Simply click on the "Edit" button.


Related Links