It can't be helped that Chico has a thriving night life. After all, the student population demands it. For locals, this means being able to square away the munchies late in the night. Many cities simply can't compete! Of course, there are other great perks besides late-night food. See also Five and I and Main Street Strip.
For main article see Bars.
For some, night life is synonymous with going-to-the-bars. Depending on whether or not it is going to be a busy, happening night, night life in Chico may started around 6pm, when a lot of people have just gotten off of work and go directly to the bars. Perhaps the next wave of night-lifers are the ones that had to go home to change first and then go out to the bars... along with any one they bring... and along with a whole other demographic of bar-goers who make it there by whatever time thereafter throughout the night. Usually people are still in the process of getting ready, catching a ride, and going downtown (or to whatever bar it is at which they plan to hang) right up until midnight. Only then does the trend start to go in the opposite direction where people are starting to go home from the bars, or to an after party, etcetera (and you know what I mean by etcetera!). By and large it goes-on in this town right up until the 2'oclock hour on the weekend nights.
For main article see Parties.
Open 24/7 in Chico
Despite the great numbers of night-lifers, there is a relative dearth of places that are actually open 24/7 in Chico. This is all of them I think!
- 7-11 (East)
- 7-11 (Forest)
- 7-Eleven (Main)
- 7-Eleven (Walnut)
- am/pm (East 20th Street)
- am/pm (East)
- Blue Oval
- Carl's Jr. (Esplanade)
- Chevron (West Ninth Street)
- Chevron (Thornton's)
- Chevron (Notre Dame)
- Denny's — Manzanita Ct. near the Holiday Inn
- Donut Nook
- Exxon (formerly Jackpot)
- In Motion Fitness
- Jack's Family Restaurant
- Jack in the Box (East 20th Street)
- Long's Drugs (soon to be CVS) at North Valley Plaza
- Safeway (East)
- Safeway (Mangrove)
- Walgreens (East)
For main article see Restaurants.
Restaurants open past 10pm every night
Restaurant Food Past 10pm Some Nights
- Aca Taco on West Sacramento and Nord
- Chronic Tacos - Open late Friday and Saturday
- Five and Eye - Five and I
- Kathy's Deli - Friday and Saturday nights only
- Monstros Pizza
- Subway - Downtown location open until 3 am Friday and Saturday
Fastfood Past 10pm
Delivery Past 10pm
- You can call Jack's or Denny's (or anywhere else the food is pre-ordered) and have Yellow Cab pick it up and deliver it to you anywhere in Chico for $8 plus the cost of the food.
Places to Study Past 10pm
- The Naked Lounge — open to midnight, every night. Except summers when they're open until 11pm.
See Bars for a list of places to socialize with spirits.
Random Things to do Past 10pm
Watch the Game - Sports Bars
- University Bar (U-Bar)
Movies & Video Stores
- See Video Stores
- See Music Scene
- Madison Bear Garden - Monday nights
- LaSalles - Sunday night
- Quackers - Thursday night
- The Tackle Box Bar & Grill - Sunday & Tuesday evenings
Open Mic Night
Open mic comedy at the maltese every Monday night 8pm sign ups 9pm start Open mic comedy every Wednesday night at the studio inn with sign ups startin at 8pm and 9pm start time
- Some Tattoo Parlors are open late...