A list of people running for office in the August 2014 primary election. This is just a rough draft, please help complete this list as information becomes available.
Election results, August 2014
- Election results, cumulative, Washtenaw County
- Precinct count, Washtenaw County
- Canvass reports, Washtenaw County
- Precinct report index, Washtenaw county
US House of Representatives
Michigan's 7th congressional district consists of all of Branch, Eaton, Hillsdale, Jackson, and Lenawee counties, and includes most of Calhoun and a large portion of western and northern Washtenaw counties.
Michigan's 15th District contains parts of Washtenaw and Wayne counties, and all of Monroe County.
John Dingell is the incumbent, but has announced that he will not seek reelection.
- R - Bill Schuette
Secretary of State
- R - Ruth Johnson
University of Michigan Board of Regents
State House of Representatives
The 52nd House District includes Washtenaw County (part), Ann Arbor city (part), Bridgewater Township, Chelsea city, Dexter Township, Freedom Township, Lima Township, Lodi Township, Lyndon Township, Manchester Township, Northfield Township, Pittsfield Township (part), Salem Township, Saline city, Saline Township, Scio Township (part), Sharon Township, Sylvan Township, and Webster Township..
The 53rd House District includes part of the city of Ann Arbor.
The 54th House District includes Washtenaw County (part), Superior Township, Ypsilanti city, and Ypsilanti Township.
- D - David Rutledge incumbent
The 55th House District contains Washtenaw County (part), Ann Arbor City (part), Ann Arbor Township (part), Augusta Township, Milan city (part), Pittsfield Township (part), and York Township.
- D - Rebekah Warren
Washtenaw County Commissioner
A list of candidates is maintained by the County Clerk, and contains contact information.
- R - Dan Smith
- R - Alicia Ping
- D - Felicia Brabec
- D - Ronnie Peterson
- D - Andy LaBarre
- D - Yousef Rabhi
22d Circuit Court Judge - Incumbent
- David S. Swartz is running unopposed.
22d Circuit Court Judge - Non-incumbent
Ann Arbor City Council
John Hieftje (D) is the incumbent.who has announced he will not run for reelection.
- D - Stephen Kunselman - has filed petitions. Campaign website from 2013 City Council candidacy.
- D - Christopher Taylor - campaign web site.
- D - Sally Hart Petersen - campaign web site.
- D - Sabra Briere - campaign web site.
- D - Yousef Rabhi - has declared that he is not running
- D - Conan Smith - has declared that he is not running
- I - Bryan Kelly pulled petitions in June to run as an independent in the general election.
- D - Sumi Kailasapathy is the incumbent. campaign web site
- D - Don Adams, Jr. has filed petitions. campaign web site
Sally Hart Petersen (D) is the incumbent, but has announced a candidacy for Mayor.
Christopher Taylor (D) is the incumbent, but he has announced he will run for Mayor.
- D - Julie Grand - campaign web site
- D - Robert Dascola - has filed petitions, and after litigating his eligibility will appear on the ballot
- D - Samuel McMullen - campaign website
Margie Teall (D) is the incumbent, but she has announced that she will not run for re-election.
- D - Chuck Warpehowski - campaign web site.
- D - Leon Bryson - campaign web site. On June 20th, Bryson announced that he will no be a candidate in this race. As it is past the deadline to officially withdraw, his name will still appear on the ballot.
Ann Arbor Board of Education
Ypsilanti City Council
Incumbent Paul Schreiber (D) has announced he will not seek a third term.
- D - Amanda Edmonds
- D - Ricky Jefferson is the incumbent
- D - Dan Vogt is the incumbent
- April 22, 2014 Ann Arbor Chronicle - Council, Mayor Primary Election Lineups Set (includes a short background piece for each candidate who will be on the August Council primary).
- March 7, 2014 - mLive.com - Rebekah Warren not running for Congress
- January 13, 2014 - AADL Talks to Bob Dascola