Welcome to the LocalWiki for Davis, California, USA ! This project is an interconnected community effort to explore, discuss and compile anything and everything about Davis — especially the little, enjoyable things. This entire site is maintained by the people who use it: everyone can edit this website!! You too!
- Entertainment, Night Time, Music Scene, Dancing, Media, Noteworthy Published Authors
- Art, Art Galleries, Museums, Town Art, Local Artists, Urban Art, Photography, Crafts
- Payphone Project, Cows
- Schools, Research & Development, Libraries, Study Spots
- Outdoor Activities, Exercise, Gyms, Sports
- Shopping Centers, Salons and Barbers, Bookstores, Gift Shops
- Clothing Stores, Laundry & Drycleaning
- Living Cheaply, Discounts and Freebies
- Medical Services, Social Services
- Banks, Tax Services, Legal Services
- Religious and Spiritual Organizations, Support Groups
- Singles Scene, Dating, Parenting, Senior Citizens
- Memorials, Volunteer Opportunities, Bathrooms
- Classified Ads, Lost Pets, Wiki Community
- Davis Wish List, Bizarro Davis, Zombie Attack Response Guide
- Townies, Town Flora, Town Fauna
- Supermarkets & Grocery Stores, International Foods, Convenience Stores
- Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Buffets, Cheap Food, Breakfast, Lunch Specials
- Solo Dining Options, Vegetarian Options, Vegan Options
- Town History, Historic Places, Glossary, Breaking News
- Weather, Environment, Geography, Davis at a Glance, Maps
- Social Structures, Organizations, Davis Politics, Media, People
- Navigating Davis, Downtown, Central, North, East, South, West, Streets, Outskirts, Parks, Gardens, Greenbelts UC Davis Campus
- Transportation, Driving in Davis, Automobiles, Gas Stations, Covell vs. Cowell, Bicycling in Davis, Davis without a car
- Rental Housing Guide, Residences, Apartments, Cooperative Housing, Real Estate, Hotels
- Crime, Davis Police Department, Fire Department
- Campus, Campus Buildings, Dorms, Arboretum
- Spots And Places, Sleeping On Campus
- Campus Art
- University Construction
- Colleges, Professional Schools
- Student Organizations, ASUCD, GSA, LSA, KDVS, The California Aggie
- Administrative Officers
- Getting the most out of your student fees
Freeborn Hall, closed since 2014 for planned renovation, will instead be demolished within 2 years.
The Aggie ran a news story about the Davis Wiki on February 25th. However, since students are free to publish anything on these pages, it is essential to remember that student newspapers are not consistently reliable, up-to-date sources of hard facts and cannot be taken entirely at face value.
Some pages dedicated to issues of interest:
- 2018 City Council Election
- Turkey Menace
- Banning leaf-blowers
- UC Davis Budget Cuts and online courses
- Alternative Instructional Model (AIM)
- Bringing Fiber Internet to Davis
And some issues that are no longer "hot":
Please edit this page and add your own picture! Instructions for changing the mystery picture are available in the "info" page for this page.
2014-12-26 Oh my god, so many changes. Read about them over here!
Check out the archive for older news....
Check out the discussion for commentary on the news...